Thank you for joining us for the September Pals Blog Hop. This month we are showcasing projects made with the Stampin' Up! tools we love.You should have just left stop number 2 on the Pals Hop - Shirley Sumption at Look at My Cute Stuff. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
We were each asked to feature our favorite tool. What kind of request is that! How can I pick a favorite tool fram all the amazing items I have in my craft space?
OK, I had to make a choice in order to play along on the this month's HOP. So, if I were stranded on a desert island, I would definitely want to have my BIG SHOT & DIES with me. Where would I be without them? They transform bits of paper into great accents and help tell our stamping story.
Since I typically make cards, I wanted to try something different and more three-dimensional for today's Hop.
NOTE: This project is definitely a "work in progress." I had some medical issues pop up that laid me low, so I did not finish. I will post finished project over the weekend. Thanks for your understanding.
Checkers! Don't you remember learning how to play? It was a game that fascinated me. I have two special "little guys" that I adore -- one is 6 and one is 1. Ryan, the older brother, is smart as a whip.
So my project is a custom checkerboard for Ryan, his little brother Ethan, and his dad. To make it extra special, the checkers are the boys' initials and done in Ryan's favorite colors. The checkerboard is sturdy (mounted on cardboard from Designer Series Paper, and folds up to a compact 6" by 12" size.
A regulation checkerboard (and chessboard) is 16" by 16" but that is too big for the boys. I scaled it down to 75% of original size and it ended up as a convenient 12" by 12". Regulations checkers are 1 1/4" in diameter and to make sure little hands could manipulate the checkers, I kept them that large. I mounted each Letter on a 1 3/8" circle for ease of handling. Checkers are stored in clear embellishment boxes.
Silver Glitter Paper (124005)
Garden Green cardstock (102584)
Pacific Point cardstock (111350)
Basic Black cardstock (121045)
Big Shot Tools:
Big Shot (113439), Standard Cutting Pads (113475)
Typeset Alphabet Big Z (127553)
Squares Collection (130921)
Circles Collection (130911)
The next stop is Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper, stop number 4 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting - and I hope to see you next month!
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Shirley Sumption at Look at My Cute Stuff
- Barbara Chatzkel at Take Out Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery's Owlery
- Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Maria Flores at Maria's Sandbox
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits From Dawn
- Amy L. Lazzell at Just A Thought...Cards by Amy
- Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Prettypaprecards.com
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts